At TSC Foods we pride ourselves on being at the cutting edge of chilled and frozen product development and manufacturing. We produce soups and sauces for retailers, restaurants and food outlets and also other food manufacturers. We supply all major supermarkets and many well-known pubs and restaurants.
The full product life cycle takes place at the Scunthorpe site from prepping the ingredients, cooking the product, packing it securely before finally being boxed up ready for dispatch from our warehouse.
We strive to ensure our products exceed customer expectations. This is only achieved through our people, who are passionate about making high quality products.
As we operate 24/7 365 days per year it provides an opportunity for day and night shift working. Each new joiner will progress through a 12 week training plan which will include Health & Safety and Food Safety Training.
About the Role:
You will be directly responsible for ensuring the department operates efficiently and safely. The successful candidate will liaise with the Warehouse Operations Manager to maintain and control all aspects of the function, including the Intake & Dispatch functions, Stock Control, Health and Safety, staffing, communication, hygiene, quality and customer service.
Key responsibilities for this post are:
- Capability or previous experience of management and leading a team of people
- To play a hand’s on role in managing, motivating, and directing the team
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and solve problems as they occur
- To develop and promote compliance to SOPs, SSOW’s & risk assessments etc
- Daily focus on pick and stock accuracy and improve working systems to reduce waste and downtime.
- Develop and promote the Health and Safety agenda within the function
- Lead the warehouse team in a culture of continuous improvement.
- Strong working knowledge of Unity (further training available but must have excellent IT skills)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisation skills
- Tenacity in implementing change across the shifts
- Strong ‘can do’ attitude
- Desire to take ownership and improve a busy department
- Flexibility in working hours is a must to the business needs
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Life Assurance
- Pension Contributions
- Flexible Benefits (Cycle to Work, Healthcare, Critical Illness Insurance)
- Discounts with major high street retailers
- Merlin Entertainment discount of up to 20% off
Nights, 8 hour shifts
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent