At TSC Foods we ourselves on being at the cutting edge of chilled and frozen product development and manufacturing. We produce soups and sauces for retailers, restaurants and food outlets and also other food manufacturers. We supply all major supermarkets and many well-known pubs and restaurants.
The full product life cycle takes place at the Scunthorpe site from prepping the ingredients, cooking the product, packing it securely before finally being boxed up ready for dispatch from our warehouse. We strive to ensure our products exceed customer expectations. This is only achieved through our people, who are passionate about making high quality products.
As we operate 24/7 365 days per year it provides an opportunity for day and night shift working.
About the role
We are looking to expand the team of Area Leader’s. The role of an Area Leader is to take responsibility for the overall management and supervision of an area (High Risk, Low Risk, Deli or other), ensuring efficient and safe production, cleaning and maintenance as well as site security and the management of any lone working.
Execution of the daily checklists, production closes down and re-starts, hygiene schedules and general site standards for your area. Seek to develop processes that will minimise costs and waste and will maximise production outputs whilst maintaining high levels of food safety and H&S. Excellent communication and timely escalation are a necessity as well as the demonstration of the TSC values at all times.
In brief, some of the duties will include:-
- Take a proactive approach towards H&S on site with active auditing and hazard reporting, coupled with the structured management of any lone working
- To establish efficient and sustainable production processes for each close down and timely re-start of all production areas
- To play a hands on role in managing, motivating, and directing the factory team
- To increase overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) through short interval control and reductions in downtime, increases in line speed, and maximisation of yield
- To deliver conformance to plan
- Maintain 100% service levels to Customers
- To seek constantly for new ways to improve the factory efficiency and cost effectiveness whilst maintain quality
- Lead by example, demonstrating high standards of behaviour, honesty, integrity – developing and supporting people through coaching and feedback.
We are looking for experienced Area Leader who have previous experience of leading, coaching and supervising food production teams.
Ideally you will have food safety qualifications, coupled with a good understanding of health and safety requirements and practices.
You will need to proactive, with a real can do attitude and have the ability to motivate and engage with teams around you. You must be flexible with good communication skills and be results driven.
At TSC Foods, we are passionate about building a diverse & inclusive team that cares for one another, and the food we make for our customers. We expect all team members to live by our values.