TSC Foods specilisies in delivering innovative added-value chilled and frozen product solutions for food service, retail and b2b partners. We’ve been creating delicious chilled soups and sauces for more than two decades.
We believe the five pillars to our success are safety, quality, service, costs and people and we aim to achieve the highest possible standard in all that we do. As a Quality Assessor you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the business meets the needs of its customers in food safety and quality.
We are expanding our team of Quality Assessors which provides an opportunity for someone to gain new skills and develop their understanding of food manufacturing processes from a technical perspective here at TSC.
About the Role
The job purpose is to deliver QA technical input, support, and decision making to all aspects of the business and to ensure that standards of product safety, quality, and legality are maintained.
This is a diverse role where you will be closely working with factory operations providing technical advice and support. As such it is essential you are a strong communicator and able to influence and build relationships with others. Some of the duties include: –
· Champion product safety, quality, and legality, and encourage staff to care for the products.
· Responsible for the quality checking and quality system controls throughout all site production facilities.
- Monitor hygiene and housekeeping and raise any issues immediately
- Assessment of products, materials and packaging against agreed specifications
- Conduct quality micro testing, organoleptic testing, and reporting against defined criteria
- Conduct environmental testing and reporting against schedule and defined criteria
- Carry out full investigations including traceability for all out of spec results and customer complaints
- Responsible for allergen controls and management
- Flexible approach to place/area of work as this role will involve multi-site inspections
- Suspend and release products, materials, and packaging as and when required
- Conduct internal audits at all production facilities
- Collating KPI information in support of the QA Manager
- Ensure and assist in factory preparations for external audits and visits, including unannounced visits.
We are looking for experienced QA’s to join our team, preferably with experience of working in food manufacturing environment. As a minimum you must have food safety and HACCP level 2 qualifications.
As you will be working across all functions you will need to be a good communicator, tenacious and able to build strong positive working relations.
At TSC Foods, we are passionate about building a diverse & inclusive team that cares for one another, and the food we make for our customers. We expect all team members to live by our values.
4 on, 4 off 12 hour shifts (night shifts available)
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Life Assurance
- Pension Contributions
- Flexible Benefits (Cycle to Work, Healthcare, Critical Illness Insurance)
- Discounts with major high street retailers
- Merlin Entertainment discount of up to 20% off.