JOB APPLICANT PRIVACY
JOB APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE
TSC Foods Limited is aware of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is committed to processing your data securely and transparently.
This privacy notice sets out, in line with GDPR, the types of data that we hold on you as job applicant. It also sets out how we use that information, how long we keep it for and other relevant information about your data. This notice applies to current and former employees, workers and contractors
The Company, TSC Foods Limited is known as a ‘data controller’ which means that it determines the processes to be used when using your personal data. Data processors are those that process the data on behalf of the Company, and contact details can be found at the end of the notice.
In relation to your personal data, we will:
- Process it fairly, lawfully and in a clear, transparent way
- Collect your data only for reasons that we find proper for the course of your employment in ways that have been explained to you
- Only use it in the way that we have told you about
- Ensure it is correct and up to date
- Keep your data for only as long as we need it
- Process it in a way that ensures it will not be used for anything that you are not aware of or have consented to (as appropriate), lost or destroyed.
Data Processed by TSC Foods Limited
We hold many types of data about you, including:
- Your personal details including your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone numbers
- Your photograph
- Marital status
- Whether or not you have a disability
- Information included on your CV including references, education history and employment history
- Documentation relating to your right to work in the UK
- Driving licence details
How Data is Collected by TSC Foods Limited
We may collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
- You, the candidate, through a CV, covering letter or application form.
- Any recruitment agency used by you or by us to search for candidates, from which we collect the following categories of data: your contact information and your curriculum vitae and any covering information you authorise them to provide.
- Disclosure and Barring Service in respect of criminal convictions, where applicable.
- Our health check provider, in respect of pre-employment health checks.
- Your apprenticeship learning provider, where applicable.
- Your named referees, from whom we request and may collect the following categories of data: your previous position, dates of employment, qualifications and comments on your performance, your suitability for the role, your attendance and time keeping, personal qualities and commitment and your reliability and trustworthiness, reason for leaving and re-employability and where applicable, your driver reference.
- Data from third parties which is from a publicly accessible source may also be used if appropriate, for example, information you make publically available via Linked In.
Why We Process your Data
The law of data protection allows us to process your data for certain reasons only. For example,
We need to collect your data to ensure we are complying with legal requirements, which includes:
- To carry out checks in relation to your right to work in the UK
- To make reasonable adjustments for disabled employees.
We also collect data so that we can carry out activities which are in the legitimate interests of TSC Foods. These are set out below:
- Making decisions about who to offer employment to
- Making decisions about salary and other benefits
- Assessing training needs
- Dealing with legal claims made against us
It is in our legitimate interests to decide whether to appoint you to work for the organisation since it would be beneficial to our business to appoint someone to the roles which we have advertised at any given time. We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment or a contract for services with you.
Having received the information you have provided to us as part of the application process, we will then process that information to decide whether you meet the basic requirements to be shortlisted for the role. If you do, we will decide whether your application is strong enough to invite you for an interview or assessment centre or online testing tool.
If we decide to call you for an interview or an assessment, we will use the information you provide to us at the interview and any assessment centre or online testing to decide whether to offer you the role. If we decide to offer you the role, we will then take up references, carry out a criminal record if applicable and carry out any other pre-recruitment we need to do before confirming your appointment.
If you are unsuccessful in obtaining employment, we will seek your consent to retaining your data in case other suitable job vacancies arise in TSC Foods for which we think you may wish to apply. You are free to withhold your consent to this and there will be no consequences for withholding consent.
Special Categories of Data
Special categories of data are data relating to your:
- Sexual orientation
- Ethnic origin
- Political opinion
- Trade union membership
- Biometric data
We must process special categories of data in accordance with more stringent guidelines. Most commonly, we will process special categories of data when the following applies:
- You have given explicit consent to the processing
- We must process the data in order to carry out our legal obligations
- We must process data for reasons of substantial public interest
- You have already made the data public.
- We will use your special category data:
- For the purposes of equal opportunities monitoring
We do not need your consent if we use special categories of personal data in order to carry out our legal obligations or exercise specific rights under employment law. However, we may ask for your consent to allow us to process certain particularly sensitive data. If this occurs, you will be made fully aware of the reasons for the processing.
As with all cases of seeking consent from you, you will have full control over your decision to give or withhold consent and there will be no consequences where consent is withheld. Consent, once given, may be withdrawn at any time and there will be no consequences where consent is withdrawn
Criminal Conviction Data
We will only collect criminal conviction data where it is appropriate given the nature of your role and where the law permits us. This data will usually be collected at the recruitment stage, however, may also be collected during your employment should you be successful in obtaining employment.
Failure to Provide your Data to Us
One of the reasons for processing your data is to allow us to carry out an effective recruitment process. Whilst you are under no obligation to provide us with your data, we may not able to process, or continue with (as appropriate), your application.